Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mad for the Mad Men Collection from Banana Republic!



So a couple months ago my good friend Heather over at Simply Sjostedt gushed about her love for the series Mad Men. I was in the midst of watching Ghost Whisperer on Netflix and logged Mad Men in my memory to watch later. At the time, I was too wrapped up with Jennifer Love Hewitt's cuteness and the hotness of her show husband to really give Mad Men a good thought. (If you've never seen Ghost Whisperer, don't judge! JLH's wardrobe on the show is divine, she runs an antique shop, and the episodes always wrap up in a nice bow. What else could I want while I make earrings for my Etsy shop?)

Anywhoo, with Ghost Whisperer now finished and me being on the hunt for another series to watch while fiddling, Netflix recommended Mad Men. Ah HA! Jon Hamm, the main character, had made some repeat appearances on 30 Rock as Tina Fey's handsome boyfriend and I thought, at the very least I get to stare at his sexy face all day. So I gave Mad Men a go. And what do yah know? I like it! Yes, Jon Hamm is just as sexy but the time period of the 50's and THE CLOTHES(!) really drew me in. And don't even get me started on the torrid plots and the sex. Man, lots of sex in the 50's... at least Mad Men would have you believe.

So, getting back to the point of this post... I feel like since I've starting watching Mad Men there's been quite a buzz. Maybe that's becuase the series just came out on DVD. But either way, Banana Republic is another company that seems to be partnering with Mad Men in promotion cohoots. And guess what? I love it too! The clean and preppy style of Bana Republic lends itself well to the 50's inspired line producde under the Mad Men name. Take a look at some of my favorite pieces below, or shop the whole collection.



Thank you BP!


P.S. Did I mention the show's theme music is also quite intoxicating? Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...